Senior Associate, Ben Schneider, is a consummate professional Commercial Property and Succession Law lawyer. He is a deep thinker who is confident, polite and utmost respectful. Ben loves his job and is driven by outcomes for his clients.
Ben prides himself on being available to his clients, acting for large and small companies, businesses and individual clients throughout Queensland. He has gained a wealth of knowledge which has seen him become well respected amongst the community and the legal fraternity as being both thorough and approachable.
Ben’s Commercial Property Law practice carries out work in transactions which include:-
- The sale and purchase of businesses;
- Structuring of businesses;
- Strata Titling of Units and Plans of Subdivision;
- Commercial property sales and acquisitions;
- Commercial and Retail Shop Leases;
- Shareholder Agreements;
- Share Transfers;
- Advice on the provisions of the Corporations Act;
- Advice on Trusts;
- Preparing and negotiating Commercial Agreements including Loan Agreements and Partnership Agreements.
Whilst heading the Commercial Property Law practice, Ben also heads the extensive Succession Law Practice (drafting Wills, Enduring Power of Attorney and carrying out Estate Administration) of Colville Johnstone Lawyers.
Ben often travels to clients’ homes to take instructions if they are unable to attend the office and volunteers his time on a regular basis to provide legal assistance to the Red Cross and its donors.
Ben can specifically:
Wills and Administration of Estates:
- Draft a Will in a manner that is tailored to the client’s wishes;
- Provide advice on Estate Administration strategies in a manner that resolves potential disputes and minimises tax;
- Obtain Probate & Letters of Administration;
- Provide advice to resolve estate disputes favourably, expeditiously and in a manner that best accords with the express terms of the Will whilst also protecting the executor/trustee;
- Administer the Estates of deceased people, including assisting executors to sell assets including properties, shares, and personal chattels; investing Estate funds; organising interim (and final) distributions; engaging accountants on behalf of the estate and generally attending to all necessary work to administer the estate;
Enduring Powers of Attorney:
- Prepare and give advice on Enduring Powers of Attorney; and
Advanced Health Directives:
- Assist with the preparation and give advice on Advanced Health Directives.
Away from the office, Ben is a cricket tragic, passionate Newcastle Knights supporter and fishing enthusiast.
His down to earth, straight to the point professional approach ensures clients will experience the highest level of customer service, satisfaction and professional advice and representation that they require.
Please call: 07 3286 4077 or use the form below to get in touch with us.